When a console is banned, your unique Xbox 360 keys (stored in a “keyvault” file) are blacklisted from connecting to Xbox Live. With a JTAG/RGH console, but you have the ability to swap out your keyvault for another one. A keyvault (KV) must come from a legitimate console in order to be recognized and allowed on Xbox Live.
- You will need to either buy a new keyvault from someone or obtain a NAND dump from another console. This keyvault should not be shared with anyone, as two consoles logging in to Xbox Live with the same keyvault can trigger a ban on the keyvault.
- Your new keyvault should have a kv.bin and cpukey.bin file.
- If you have cpukey.txt instead simply rename cpukey.txt too cpukey.bin and ensure that only the cpukey value is in the file.
- Put both kv.bin and cpukey.bin on a flash drive and plug it into the console.
- With a file manager or FTP, open USB0 and copy kv.bin and paste it into the root of hdd1. Confirm the overwrite if prompted. Repeat for cpukey.bin.
- Turn the console off and unplug the flash drive. Power it back on. The console may reboot itself once or twice to accept the keyvault. Your console should eventually boot up as normal, and you should be unbanned.
Extracting a Keyvault
- Obtain a nand dump and the CPU KEY of the console you want too extract the keyvault from, this generally envolves preforming the JTAG/RGH exploit up too xell.
- In J-runner load your nand dump into source also copy the CPU key into the box below then select Tools > Extract Files. Enable the checkbox below “CPU-Key” and paste your CPU key in the text field. If you’d like, you can put a nickname for the CPU key in the User Info field. Press “Add CPU-Key” and OK.
3. This will create a new folder in your J-runner > output folder with your consoles serial number and inside you should see your KV_dec.bin.
4. Now simply rename too KV.bin and create a new .txt file with your CPU key in it and rename too cpukey.bin.
5. Simply copy the new files and overwrite your old keyvault files on your Xbox’s stealth server location. You can use ether USB or FTP or Xbox Neighborhood.
6. Now Enjoy Xbox Live again!
Created by u/DerfJagged on Reddit
Revised by Jugganuts